Samsung will secure their site on Feb. 15 and will have construction crews close segments of County Roads 404 and 401 on Feb. 14. All road closures have been approved by the City of Taylor and Williamson County.
Measures to increase safety and mitigate traffic will be immediately implemented around the site, including:
• Williamson County has posted “End of County Maintenance” signs ahead of road closures, and Samsung will install road closure signs.
• The construction logistics plan currently includes three main entrances from the existing CR 401, CR 404 and FM 973.
• During the beginning phases of construction, there will be civilians with traffic signs to help with the flow of traffic in and out of the construction site.
• During the day, flagmen will be positioned at each three of the access points.
• During the night, the three access points will be barricaded with attached flashing lights.
• Samsung will begin installing a fence around the construction area after Feb. 15.