Emergency Notification Subscriber Service
About NotificationsThe City of Taylor is part of the Capital Area Council of Government Emergency Notification System, called CodeRED. This service allows City officials to contact citizens by phone, email, or fax when public safety issues warrant notification within minutes. Your personal information will not be shared with anyone.
ExamplesExamples include severe weather warnings, hazardous road conditions, water supply issues, or any other situation that could impact the safety or welfare of our citizens or businesses.
Weather AlertsOnce registered at the Warn Central Texas / CodeRED website, citizens automatically receive geographically targeted severe weather alerts directly from the National Weather Service/NOAA. Only those in the path of the approaching weather will be notified. Severe weather includes warnings for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, flash floods, hurricanes or tropical storms, winter storms, and high winds.
RegisterCodeRED takes security and privacy concerns seriously and does not sell, trade, lease or loan data to any third party. Visit the website to register your information and start receiving notifications today.
- May I use a cell phone as my notification database listing?
- What precautions are being taken to protect personal information?
- Will there be a way to positively identify incoming calls that are made by the town using the system?
- Will the CodeRED service work if I have a call screening system on my phone?
- If I am a non-resident home or condominium owner, what phone should be listed in the notification database?
- If I have provided more than one phone number, when will they be called?
- My primary phone or my second listing is a cell phone with a non-local area code. Will the CodeRED system call numbers outside the area?
- How does the CodeRED system respond to busy signals or no-answer situations?
- I am receiving city notification calls at my fax or my secondary phone line. Can I switch to have the system call my primary phone number?
- I was not able to listen to the entire call. Is there a way to repeat the message?